Pursuant to a settlement, easyDNS is being dropped by Andy Lehrer from the Tim O’Rourke / causepimps.ca defamation lawsuit.
Under the terms of the settlement easyDNS will not pay Mr. Lehrer anything and will remove the offending webpages / URLs upon a judicial finding that they are defamatory (something our Plain English Terms of Service says we will do anyway).
Somewhat reminiscent of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry pays a contractor a substantial sum of money to restore his kitchen to its exact pre-reno state, we feel we’ve still gotten the short end of the stick in this comedy. After incurring significant legal expenses to defend ourselves against a suit which we feel was not only baseless but legally unsound and in the later rounds, absurd, we are back to where we started, and where we should have remained the entire time: sitting on the sidelines waiting for a court decision to guide our actions (or continued inaction).
Thanks to Julia Lefebvre at Bersenas Jacobsen Chouest Thomson Blackburn LLP for her acumen and indefatigable patience in this matter.
If you were planning on attending the trial on March 30, we won’t be there.
- We Are Being Sued For Refusing To Takedown a Website
- Update on the Andy Lehrer vs easyDNS Lawsuit
- Trial Date Set in the Matter of Andy Lehrer vs easyDNS / PDF of Lawsuit Deleted From Scribd
- Andy Lehrer Files Amended Claim Adding 3 New Allegations Against easyDNS
- via Techdirt: EasyDNS Sued For Refusing To Take Down Website Without Court Order; Then Hit Again For Writing About The Lawsuit
- Andy Lehrer Victorious Against Tim Rourke & Causepimps
John Robinson says
What a shame, I was rather looking forward to a Pulitzer performance by Mr Lehrer and watch him bury himself.