When you have 2-factor authentication enabled then logins to your account are required to provide a second authentication mechanism.
Supported mechanisms are:
- SMS / Text message to your mobile
- Email: to an out of band address
- Google authenticator / Authy
Further, you can control under what circumstances the additional authentication is required:
- Always require
- Only require if login is from outside your ACL
- Only require if login is from outside your Country Based Login Restrictions
All security features are accessed via your account security settings.